Sunday, June 10, 2007

Recipe: Tilapia with cherry tomatoes, olives, and parsley

The recipe below will be even better when cherry tomatoes are in season, but fresh parsley and fresh garlic made it taste heavenly tonight. I think this is a nice simple dish to cook on a weeknight with a glass of pinot grigio. It is also a nice way to end the weekend without making too much of a mess in the kitchen.

SPICY SAUTEED FISH WITH OLIVES AND CHERRY TOMATOES
Via Epicurious and Bon Appétit, May 2002, Candida Sportiello, Ventotene, Italy

I made this with a half pound of tilapia, two hand full of grape tomatoes, fresh parsley, and cracked green olives from Trader Joe's. I usually coat the fish in flour per the suggestion of others on the Epicurious website and deglaze the pan with a little white wine. I tried coating the tilapia in almond meal rather than flour with favourable results. To avoid smoking the olive oil, I needed to keep the heat at medium rather than medium high.

No comments: