Tuesday, July 24, 2007

dry dry days

I watered my garden three times last week, but it was not enough. My bush beans have dried out, and the cucumbers are barely hanging on. The only plants that appear to thrive in the drought are the banana peppers and sweet potatoes. My neighbor told me that I need to work harder because I am at the top of the hill. Alternatively, I could pick a plot without a slope next spring. I think I am going to choose the later option even if it means no winter garden of garlic leeks and onions.

There are plenty of tomatoes right now. I finally bit into my zebra, pear, and big boy tomatoes. I am loosing faith that the brandywine are going to bloom. To my surprise, one of my eggplants has risen from the dead in the past two weeks. I am off to water again tonight.

No comments: